Daughters are a blessing; they tend to make our lives better. It’s like having a supportive best friend for life with whom you can bare your heart. If you have been blessed with a little angel, then consider yourself lucky because a daughter is the truest gift of all from the Almighty. Time flies in a blink of an eye when you are bonding with your little girl, and she is about to turn into a young child. Nonetheless, all her birthdays should be made special by inviting all her little friends, letting her enjoy one hell of a time and obviously to surprise her with some appealing yet appetising birthday cake. As the birthday cake is the centre attraction across all the birthday parties for both the children and the adults attending it, it is sure to give her immense joy if you get a show-stopping birthday cake to commemorate this special occasion. You can absolutely look forward to baking a birthday cake on your own by pouring all your love in it or else you can order an online birthday cake from some reputed bakery. The choice is totally yours! But we would suggest you try this easy recipe out on your lovely daughter’s birthday to brighten up her special day to the core. Give a try to this pink coloured raspberry cake to pamper her on her birthday. As pink is every little girl’s favourite colour, she will surely become a fan of your baking skills and start loving you more for getting a pink cake for her birthday. Without much ado, let’s begin to know how to make this dreamy, creamy delightful birthday cake, right away.
Raspberry Pink Velvet Cake
10 – 12 servings
0 hours 30 mins
2 hours 30 mins
Ingredients For Cake
- Cooking spray
- 3 c. cake flour, spooned and levelled, plus more for pans
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 4 c. fresh raspberries, divided, plus more for decorating
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 c. Buttermilk
- 3 drops pink food colouring, optional
- 3 tbsp. seedless raspberry preserves
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- meringue kisses and edible flowers, for decorating
Ingredients For Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 c. fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 c. confectioners’ sugar
- Start by preheating the oven at 350°F.
- Grease and sprinkle some flour over three 8-inch baking pans.
- Take a bowl and whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Whisk butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy in a mixer for about 1- 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of raspberries and beat it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then add one egg at a time and keep whisking it.
- Further, beat vanilla into the mixture. Then reduce the mixer speed to low and add flour and buttermilk alternatively, until it gets well incorporated.
- Mix some food colouring, if needed. Then divide the prepared batter into the already prepared pans in equal proportions.
- Bake for about 25 minutes and check its doneness by pricking a toothpick or knife. Once done, place the cake in the wire rack for it to cool down completely.
- Beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until light and creamy. Then add some raspberries, vanilla, and salt and make sure to blend it all well for about 15-20 minutes. Then finally add sugar and keep blending until smooth.
- Now assemble the cake by placing one cake base and laying it off with some frosting and raspberries on top of it. Then again repeating it for one more time. Then top up the cake with remaining frosting covering all of its sides. Garnish the cake with meringue kisses, edible flowers, and raspberries.
- Let it settle for a while, and your cake is ready to be presented for the cake cutting ceremony.
So, this is how you do it! Make sure to share this recipe with your baking enthusiast friends to spread the joy of baking to all.